Thursday, July 30, 2009

Week 3 How I buy stuff

How I buy Stuff
My decisions on buying products are not difficult. My decisions are based on things I want, things I desire and most importantly things I need. I think about things that I use more often. I always need an ample amount of toiletries, hair products and food. Products pertaining to that I often will buy. Now I think smart when I buy products. What I mean is when I go to a store I first go into to the store with an initial thought. Why did I come in the store? I’m looking for products I need. My next step is to find the product I’m looking for. I check for prices that will best suit me on my needs. Like the book has stated, “An individual’s buying decisions are further influenced by psychological factors: perception, motivation, learning, and beliefs and attitudes.”(MKTG, Lamb, page 76). I follow that statement to a T. If the product I’m looking at is a good product my perception on buying it is good. If the product I’m looking at is a reasonable price, I’ll be more motivated to buy it. If the product I buy is a good quality product and I’m glad I bought it at a reasonable price, then my beliefs on a product and attitude is great! I’m not a very needy person so I don’t shop excessively if I don’t need to. It comes in handy not needing to buy so I save a whole lot more money that way. I shop for things I like, for luxury and need just so as long as the products I buy come at a reasonable price. Price is definitely key to me when I buy. That’s is how I buy stuff just for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment